About Debi Coleman
Debi has had a lifelong love for all animals – horses and dogs in particular. Debi completed the Delta Society Australia’s Certificate IV in Dog Behavioural Training in 2004 while at the same time training her Golden Retriever Carter as the first Delta Therapy Dog in central west NSW. She has been training in Orange and surrounds ever since.
Debi became Internationally certified with the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers in USA in 2014. Debi has continued her education and learning and is now qualified as a Temperament Assessor for Dogs NSW, Assessor for Mind Dogs Australia, Assessor for PPG Pet Dog Ambassador Program.
Debi has also completed her Certificate in Canine Myofunctional Therapy with the National College of Traditional Medicine in Melbourne believing that massage can be beneficial for many dogs to assist with relaxation, pre and post exercise, improving circulation and range of movement.
Debi is now Coordinator of her own pet therapy program currently operating in Orange where she trains and assesses therapy dog teams for local aged care facilities, disability units and Orange Base Hospital.
Debi regularly assesses temperaments of dogs deemed (or to be declared) Dangerous or Menacing
As well as being the most qualified and experienced canine behaviour specialist in the area, Debi attends a number of workshops and seminars annually (both in Australia and overseas) in order to provide her clients with the most up to date knowledge on behaviour and training.
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous Coordinator of the Central West branch of the Delta Dog Therapy Program and Coordinator of SPOT (Safe Pets Out There) Program teaching dog care and behaviour to primary school children in Orange and surrounds
- On the Board of the Agrisearch Animal Ethics committee as Welfare Officer and has consulted to Government and private business in the areas of dog behaviour and animal welfare.
- Involved in animal rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing over the last 16years and ran a boarding kennel for a number of years on the outskirts of Orange.
- Behavioural Consultant and Trainer for a major pet food facility in Central West NSW
- Animal Studies TAFE Teacher for 9 years with a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Debi owns and trained Panda Bear aka ‘Bruiser’ for the Legally Blonde stage production in Orange in 2018 as well as training Maisie the Bulldog in the role of ‘Rufus’
Debi contributes regularly to a dog training and behaviour talk back radio program with ABC Radio in the Central West and writes articles for local newspapers and magazines.
In Debi’s extensive experience in all matters relating to dogs ensures you are getting the best possible information and training for your 4 – legged friend. She’s passionate about building the relationship between dogs and owners and helping humans understand how dogs think and why they do what they do. Having a well – mannered dog is the key to having a happy household and ensuring the dog is a valued member of your family. If the dog’s needs are met, your needs will be met.
When not working, Debi spends her time with her partner enjoying the company of her 2 horses and 9 dogs on her property on the outskirts of Orange NSW Australia.